Healthy skin is crucial for providing the right canvas for applying makeup. The best foundation you can ever wear is a healthy glowing skin. Between your tight schedules you often forget to take care of your skin. Plus the pollution and lifestyle doesn’t help either. If you want to achieve a healthy glowing skin you need to have a committed skincare routine. A lot of times we try to put so many synthetic products on our face to achieve quick results. But a good skincare routine is about what you feed your skin. There is nothing better than natural ingredient for your skin. Recently I came across a brand, “The Ancient Beauty” which offers 100% natural products based on your skin type. The Ancient Beauty range is inspired by the age-old ancient beauty cultures of the world and is created from edible ingredients. All products are 100% natural, Eco-friendly & do not contain any artificial colors, chemicals or preservatives.
The Ancient Beauty range was founded by Dr. Deepti Sehgal, an Internationally Certified Skin specialist. She believes that the old charm of grandma’s beauty recipes have been lost in the midst of chemical based beauty industry. Real beauty reflects from within & need not be dependent on external treatments. Modern beauty products not only sell dreams but also carry health threats due to their extensive chemical compositions. This drove her to revive the age-old ancient ayurveda and oriental beauty culture.
Ancient Indian women believed that if you couldn’t eat it, do not apply it! Now, modern science confirms what is applied on the skin is absorbed by the body & adds immensely to internal toxin accumulation. That’s why her skin care range is all about what you feed your skin. Each product is made from natural products using different herbs, spices, natural oils and more.
I have a strict skincare routine and love to pamper myself every week with a home spa. Sundays are generally my favorite as I can laze around in my pajamas and de-stress by pampering my skin. So this weekend I tried the home-spa range by The Ancient Beauty. For an at home spa experience I followed the following regime:
- Cleanse face with ‘The Ancient Face Wash’: – Use face wash anytime through the day. Avoid using any other soap based facial cleanser as this is equally effective and leaves skin soft and supple. You can use the face wash 2-3 times a day as needed. Take about a spoon and mix water to make a paste. You may also add a little honey or coconut oil for extra moisturization if you have dry skin. Gently massage for 30 seconds or keep it applied as a face pack for 7-10 minutes. It is a multi-purpose face wash that cleanses, exfoliates, lightens, softens and nourishes skin with good oils and minerals.
- Scrub gently with ‘The Ancient Japanese Scrub‘: Begin your day with the scrub every day. Take about a spoon and mix water or honey to make a paste. Since it is granular, you need not exfoliate daily. Exfoliate gently on day 1 and day 4, rest of the days keep it applied as a face pack. It is a multi-purpose scrub that not just exfoliates but also helps get rid of white heads while nourishing the skin with good oils and minerals.
3. Massage with ‘The Ancient Massage Powder’: This is one of their best products. This is a powder that when mixed with water forms a cream base. This may be used as a substitute to your facial creams used for massages. Take about half a spoon and add 2-3 spoons of water. Leave it for a minute and it will form a cream base. Use it for facial massage. You may give yourself a facial spa once a week or use this massage cream individually regularly to stimulate your face for younger appearance. The Ancient Massage has rose petals in it, which makes it smell amazing and is very relaxing when massaging your face.
- Apply ‘The Ancient Fairness’ or ‘The Ancient Dew’ as a face pack:
The Ancient Fairness: Take about a spoon and add milk preferably, but water can also be used. It contains natural citric elements that help fade away blemishes with regular use. It also helps gain skin radiance. Keep it applied until dry (10-15 minutes) and wash off.
The Ancient Dew – This is a deep skin moisturizing face pack and works nice for blemishes and fine lines along with skin nourishment. Take about a spoon and add water or cucumber juice or papaya juice, any of three. You may also add a drop or two of coconut oil or olive oil for extra skin moisturization. Keep it applied until dry (10-15 minutes) and wash off.
The best part about using all natural products is that you can use them every day as they are not pumped with harmful chemicals. I have been using the face wash and scrub everyday and every alternate day I apply one of the packs and I have seen the huge difference in my skin. My skin feels smoother and supple. I do not feel the need to moisturize my skin. There is a glow in the skin which is even better than applying any BB cream. Yes, it takes a bit more time every morning now but the extra 15 minutes is so worth it. The best part is you don’t have to break a bank to get great skin as The Ancient Beauty Range is affordable. From the packaging to the products everything is thoughtfully customized keeping the customer in mind which makes me love the brand even more. However, I just wish the labels were large enough so that I could show you guys the ingredients used in each product. Overall, I loved how my skin felt even after just the first experience of this brand. A lot of times we have these misconceptions that natural products may not be as effective on our skin. But The Ancient Beauty will prove it to you that it’s just a myth because my skin has never felt more nourished and baby soft.
Apart from these products I also tried The Ancient Satin Body Scrub. It is meant to be used every day for smooth, nourished and cellulite free skin. Take about 2 spoons and add water to make a paste. Start using from bottom top, starting from feet to thighs, hands to shoulders, torso to neck and lower back to upper back and neck, in circular motion for about 5- 7 minutes. You can also add a little coconut oil to the paste if you have dry skin.
Note: This shared pack is a complete self-care kit and it is advised to avoid using any other chemical based cleansers and scrubs to experience the best results with The Ancient Beauty products. The idea here is to expose skin to good rich nutrition in a dedicated regime and that’s where the difference begins to appear. However, while going out, you may use sunscreen as we do not have a natural sunscreen substitute as yet. Please read the product labels and do a patch test as all natural things may not suit everyone and in few cases may irritate the skin.
*This is a gift pack (Rs. 1800) which is great for a beauty and skincare enthusiast. But you can also buy individual products.
- The Ancient Face Wash (200 gms): Rs. 250
- ‘The Ancient Scrub’ (200 gms): Rs. 300
- ‘The Ancient Massage Powder’ (200 gms): Rs. 300
- ‘The Ancient Fairness’ (200 gms): Rs. 400
- ‘The Ancient Dew’ (200 gms): Rs. 400
- The Ancient Satin Body Scrub (350 gms): Rs. 500
Check out the brand:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ancientselfcare/
Instagram Handle: https://www.instagram.com/theancientbeauty/
Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/ancientselfcare